LASSIB requires its members and certification holders to conduct themselves ethically by:
- Being honest and impartial in serving the public, their employers, customers, and clients.
- Striving to increase the competence and prestige of the quality profession, and
- Using their knowledge and skill for the enhancement of human welfare.
- Organize the resources available to him and optimize these in attaining the objectives of his organization
- Not misuse his authority or office for personal gains.
- Comply with the laws of the land relating to the management of his organization and operate within the spirit of these laws.
- Conduct his affairs so as to uphold, project and further the image and reputation of LASSIB.
- Maintain integrity in research and publications.
Members and certification holders are required to observe the tenets set forth below:
Relations With the Public
- Hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public in the performance of their professional duties.
Relations With Employers, Customers, and Clients
- Continue their professional development throughout their careers and provide opportunities for the professional and ethical development of others.
- Act in a professional manner in dealings with LASSIB staff and each employer, customer or client.
- Act as faithful agents or trustees and avoid conflict of interest and the appearance of conflicts of interest.
Relations With Peers
- Build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and not compete unfairly with others.
- Assure that credit for the work of others is given to those to whom it is due.
- Set an example to his subordinates through his own work and performance, through his leadership and by taking account of the needs and problems of his subordinates.
- Develop people under him to become qualified for higher duties.
- Pay proper regard to the safety and well being of the personnel for whom he is responsible.
- Share his experience with fellow professionals.