As a seasoned manufacturing executive, Clyde H. Parker is identified as a “Guiding Star” by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. He is recognized world-wide for innovative applications of Lean Six Sigma and has been appointed to the Malcolm Baldridge Award National Quality Award Board of Examiners.
He has been invited many times into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Asia to consult with manufacturing executives.
He will serve as Chairman for the 2009 Asian Six-Sigma Summit in Singapore.
Often featured as a humorous keynote speaker at management conventions, has earned membership in the National Speakers Association and is a long time consultant to some of the world’s major corporations. He is a member of the Motorsports Advisory Panel as well as the Oil & Gas Advisory Panel for the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
He successfully operates STARsixsigma, a unique organization specializing in Lean Six Sigma implementation for business operations.
He is a proven professional in platform speaking high-energy training. Widely recognized by senior-level management for innovative business strategy, he is frequently published in professional trade journals.
He is the author of two books on management effectiveness:Mozart’s One-Man-Band & The Paradox of Power
Awards & Affiliations:
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Shingo Prize: Board of Examiners
- Professional Safety Engineer
- SPHR: Senior Human Resource Professional
- Malcolm Baldridge Award: Board of Examiners
- Certified Lean Manufacturing Specialist
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers:
- Motorsports Advisory Panel
- Oil & Gas Advisory Panel
- National Speakers Association: Member
Executive Employment History
- STARsixsigma.com: President
- TIMCO Aircraft Maintenance: Director, Human Resources
- Mannington Mills, Inc. Director, Manufacturing
- CertainTeed Building Products, Inc. Industrial Relations Manager
- Johnson & Johnson, Surgical Gauze Division; Personnel Mgr.
- U S Navy; Pacific Fleet; honorable discharge
Education & Professional Certifications
- North Carolina State University; Bachelor of Science
- Six Sigma Methodology: Certified Black Belt
- Lean Manufacturing: Certified Specialist
- Professional Safety Engineer: Certification # 6135
- Shingo Prize for Excellence in Manufacturing: Board of Examiners
- Human Resource Professional SPHR; lifetime certification: Society of Human Resource Mgm’t
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers; Board of Advisors; (Oil & Gas & Motorsports Divisions)
- Achieve Global (Zegner-Miller) & DDI Certified Instructor
- ASQ; American Society of Quality
- Books published: Mozart’s One-Man-Band & The Paradox of Power