Sample LASSIB Society Student Chapter Bylaws
These are sample bylaws. They may not suit your chapter’s needs precisely. For instance, in addition to the LASSIB Society Student Chapter Board Members, your chapter may wish to establish committees, such as a committee on membership growth, government relations; the sample bylaws make that optional.
Material in brackets is for your guidance; do not include it in the text of your bylaws. In all matters, the chapter must act in harmony with the principles and procedures of the LASSIB Society and its bylaws.
Finally, for chapters in formation, adopting bylaws presents a good opportunity for teamwork and for putting real thought into the direction your chapter will take. Make the process as inclusive as you can without getting bogged down in micro-managing or excessive editing. And don’t forget to provide a copy to the LASSIB Society Headquarters.
Kindly treat anything mentioned inside “<” and “>” as comments. Kindly treat everything mentioned henceforth as a guideline.
1. ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization is the
2. ARTICLE II: PURPOSES
The purposes of this chapter are to:
- Support the policies and goals of LASSIB Society as set forth in LASSIB Society bylaws, and in all matters act in harmony with the principles and procedures of LASSIB Society and its bylaws
- Facilitate the cooperation of professionals in organizations, and governments, and students & faculty in educational institutes for the promotion of the methodologies of Next Generation Governance and in general to increase awareness regarding Next Generation Governance
<mention other purposes here>
- Develop necessary and proper chapter programs for the accomplishment of the aforementioned purposes.
In furtherance of the purposes described above, but not in limitation thereof, the chapter shall have power to conduct events and activities; to disseminate statistics and other information; to engage in appropriate fundraising activities; to conduct promotional activities, including advertising and publicity, in or by any suitable manner of media; to hold such property as is necessary to accomplish its purposes; and to employ individuals to further its purposes. This chapter is organized and operated for the above stated purposes, and for other nonprofit purposes. No part of its assets, income, or profits shall be distributable to, or inure to the benefit of, any individual, except in consideration of services rendered.
3. ARTICLE III: MEMBERS
- Mention eligibility for becoming a member. Kindly note that we do not discriminate any person on the basis of age, sex, religion, caste, educational background and race and other relevant parameters
- Talk about how to spread awareness in the community by making more members
- <Is there any specific geographical area this chapter is focused on?>
… and so on
To know LASSIB Member benefits
4. ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS AND ORGANIZATION
The officers of this Chapter shall be the LASSIB Society National Evangelist, Senior Faculty Mentor (SFM), Chairman, Immediate Past Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer, Joint Treasurer, three Nomination Committee Members and three other board members. The three board members can be given any suitable designation in the LASSIB Society Student Chapter board or they can remain as board members for the LASSIB Society Student Chapter in context.
The maximum number of terms for an individual at each designation is limited to one.
<You could also list down the duties and responsibilities of each and every board member of LASSIB Society Student Chapter in detail>
5. ARTICLE V: DUES
The board members might want to answer the following questions when establishing the Chapter dues.
<How and when Chapter dues are paid?>
<Who is in-charge of respective activities>
…and so on
6. ARTICLE VI: COMMITTEES
The board members of a LASSIB Society Student Chapter can form committees to look after specific area. While some board members might form a Finance Committee and look after the finances of the Chapter, some board members might want to form a committee to ensure that laws of the land and ethical values are not compromised at all.
Committees are focused groups with specific purpose(s). Some of the committees that board members of LASSIB Society Student Chapter might form are Executive Committee, Membership Committee, Ethics Committee and so on.
- Executive Committee
The executive committee might consist of the elected officers of the chapter, the immediate past chairman, and two members elected at large. The executive committee shall assume responsibility for the chapter’s continuing effective presence by, keeping all positions on the executive committee filled as vacancies occur. Some of the responsibilities for the executive committee might consists of:
- Meeting regularly;
- Responding to professionals seeking assistance;
- Conducting the action items of the chapter between meetings;
- Regularly recruiting members and encouraging maintenance of membership;
- Setting up the agenda with appropriate notice for chapter meetings;
- Responding to inquiries from the media.
- Membership Committee
The membership committee shall regularly recruit new members and encourage the maintenance of membership. Working with the treasurer and other applicable chapter officers, the committee might promote memberships among professionals and students alike.
7. ARTICLE VII: MEETINGS
The chapter shall hold regular meetings.
This article talks in detail about when and how Chapter meetings would happen. The board members might also define the quorum needed for a successful meeting.
8. ARTICLE VIII: DISSOLUTION
Upon dissolution of the chapter, its assets shall be made available to LASSIB Society.
9 .ARTICLE IX: AMENDMENTS
These bylaws may be amended by majority vote of the members, provided that a notice setting forth the proposed amendment or amendments an explanation thereof and known objections thereto shall have been sent to each member at least thirty days prior to the vote. Any member of the chapter may initiate an amendment.
10 ARTICLE X: RULES OF ORDER
The board decides on the rules to be followed for specific purpose.
Enacted this ___________ day of ________________in the year ___________________